Property Manager of the Year (500-Plus Units): Nathan Murdock, AMSI
by Heather Boerner, SFAA
As head of the property management division for AMSI, Nathan Murdock has served small and large property owners for 11 years. In that time, he’s learned the attention to detail that allows him to follow up on any request, no matter how small, and learned the best way to serve property owners’ interests. “Property owners rely on me more than ever in this economy to look after their best interests, keep expenses low and maintain efficient rent collection so that cash flow remains steady during this slow economy,” he says. “I am most proud of my dedication to service the property owner’s best interest.”
This is Murdock’s first Trophy win, and the honor means a lot to him. “I feel truly honored to win this award from such a well-respected industry organization as the SFAA,” says Murdock, who keeps his award on his desk so all his clients and colleagues can see it. “I look forward to throwing my name into the ring again next year. I am always thrilled to be involved in San Francisco Apartment Association events.”
Learn more about the AMSI Property Management Services.
Visit Nathan’s website to learn more about him!
Follow Nathan on Twitter
In a previous post I wrote about more flexibility with corporate housing for homeowners. How one of the biggest benefits is that homeowners can still use their own property due to short-term tenants. If you missed the article you will find it here: More Flexibility with Corporate Housing.
However, this is just one of the many benefits of corporate housing. The biggest benefit is the money homeowners can make out of renting out their vacant property. Whenever a property sits vacant it costs homeowners money. Instead why not renting it out to qualified corporate clients and earning money whenever the property is vacant?
Is your property oftentimes vacant and costing you money as well? Then learn more about our corporate housing program.
Are you a homeowner and want to be more flexible in renting out your home or investment property? The biggest benefit of corporate housing is, that the property will be occupied by short-term corporate instead of long-term clients. This allows homeowners more flexibility since the private use of their property in between of guest reservations is always possible. Usually a stay is for 30 days or more but can vary to a weekly or daily stay as well, depending on the arrangement with the owner.
Do you own a furnished property and want to be more flexible as well? Then learn more about our corporate housing program.
Benefits of Hiring Professional House Cleaners
Are you aspiring to have a clean and sparkling home but you don’t have the time to do it yourself? Professional house cleaners can do the work for you while you can focus on other priorities in you life.
Benefits of professional house cleaners
- Licensed, bonded and insured house cleaning team for your peace of mind
- House cleaners are experienced and trained
- Ongoing training provided to ensure quality
- Professional house cleaners provide the best house cleaning services possible
- Customized cleaning plan available
- Cleaners are employees, not subcontractors
- Individual cleaner or team
- Cleaning products and equipment is provided
- House cleaners at AMSI strive to use environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Available 7 days a week
The Art of Cleaning in San Francisco will show you the way home…. to a clean and shiny room!
Read more about AMSI’s cleaning team The Art of Cleaning
Benefits of Property Management
Since managing a property can be time consuming, one of the biggest benefits for you will be that you have more time and less stress. Investing in a property manager does not only benefit you personally, but can help you to maximize your investment property income.
When it comes to property management it is important that you work with a competent and trustworthy property manager, to add value to your investment.
AMSI’s Property Manager Nathan Murdock, SFAA (San Francisco Apartment Association) Property Manager of the year 2010, says that within the 12 years of managing properties it is important to build a good relationship with the tenant and involve the landlord with the ongoing management of the property.
While AMSI’s property management team is managing your property, our unique and sophisticated online technology allows you to stay connected and be involved with the ongoing management of your property.
Meanwhile our tenant relations department takes care of your tenants needs.
What a good property manager will keep up for you:
- Monthly rent collection, implement annual increases as permitted by law and issue 2-day notices to pay or quit when required.
- 24/7 emergency service, your tenants call us and not you if they have a question or need help
- Monthly and annual income and expense statements will be issued and can be retained for year-end tax purposes
- Repair and maintenance, our maintenance team takes over maintenance requests. Learn more about our Property Maintenance Services
- Disbursements and bill paying, regularly scheduled payables such as mortgage payments, insurance utilities and home owner’s fees
- Round the clock services, view 24/7 reservations, marketing efforts, financial statements and invoices for maintenance work orders
- Tenant relations, a good relationship to our customers, your tenant, is our interest, therefore your tenant relations associate will be your tenant’s main contact person
- Rent increases will be performed according to the terms of the residential lease agreement
- Property inspections, an annual and departure inspection will be performed to check on the condition of the property
- Document management, all correspondence will be maintained by AMSI and are available upon request
Visit our website and learn more about Property Management Services.