Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Our Commitment to Privacy
AMSI proudly offers superior service to temporary housing and relocation customers from all over the world. As AMSI’s reach continues to grow, so has our commitment to securing the personal data we receive from our customers and from users of our digital offerings via the internet.
Information We Collect About You
AMSI collects personal information about you in connection with many of our services. When working with or using our company’s services, you may be prompted to make an account online or in speaking with one of our employees, which may hold personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, or credit card information. Prior to collecting this information, AMSI will obtain your consent. At any point in time, you can revoke consent and we will cease using and processing your data immediately.
In order to provide services on our Site or through an AMSI representative, we may require you to provide certain personal information to us. Common items may include, but are not limited to, your name, address, email address, phone number. Some of the information we collect can identify you while other information does not. We also collect autonomous, non-personally identifiable information through the Site, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address(es) from which you access the Site and information about the nature of your use of the Site.
When you access and use the Site, we automatically collect some information, through certain web technologies such as “cookies,” regarding your computer usage and store it in log files. This information includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, language, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, the referring Site address, click stream data, the length of your visit, the number of times your accessed the Site, the pages your accessed, and other similar information. We use this unidentifiable information to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. AMSI also utilizes third party vendors, including Google, to show AMSI advertisements on the Internet. Additional information about cookies and the other technologies we use to collect information is provided below.
When you use certain features of the Site, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Site). If you access the Site through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
By providing information to us, you are representing that you are authorized to disclose such information in the manner and for the purposes being disclosed. You agree to indemnify and hold AMSI, and its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the information you disclose to us.
Technologies We Use to Collect Information About You
When you visit the Site, we place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive to facilitate access to our Site and to personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small piece of information that a Site can store on your web browser and later retrieve. Cookies contain non-personally identifiable information about the user and only identify the user’s computer. You can most likely set your browser’s options not to accept cookies, but this may prevent you from accessing all of the features of the Site.
Cookies enable the Site to recognize the information you have consented to give us and help us determine what portions of the Site are most appropriate for your needs. While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Airbnb services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
We also work with third-party companies, including Google, that use tracking technologies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt out of having your information used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/
Other Sites Linked to Our Site and Third Parties
How We Use Information We Collect About You
AMSI will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others but may disclose personal information with third-party vendors and service providers that work with AMSI. We will only share Personal Information to these vendors and service providers to help us provide a better product or service to you in furtherance of the relationship you desire to have with AMSI.
AMSI may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways:
- when we have received your written consent to do so;
- when you voluntarily choose to include personally identifiable information in a publicly accessible area of a Website (e.g., public profile);
- we may use information in “cookies” and “automatically collected” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Websites; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Websites and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- when we communicate with employers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations, who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account;
- if you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices;
- when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies, but only to the extent necessary to comply with contractual agreements;
- if you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer’s or any third party’s travel agent, relocation company or other intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfill, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfill;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you services you desire, but only in the event we advise you of our intention to share such information;
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of AMSI require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration or database management services)
- in the event AMSI is partnered or merged with, AMSI or its assets are acquired by, or AMSI acquires another company, in any of these circumstances, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from you, in connection therewith;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, and otherwise in our good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate any Website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity; or
- in case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual. If personally identifiable information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of such information that is furnished solely to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information in a similar manner as set forth in this Privacy Statement, and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Use of Email and Telephone Numbers
We will use your email address and telephone number to send a confirmation and, if necessary, may use the other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We also may use your email address to:
- send you pre-arrival confirmation details;
- notify you about special offers and promotions;
- communicate emergency or crisis-related information;
- send you copies of your bills when you request them; and
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
Sharing Your Information
We may aggregate and create non-personal information we collect under any of the circumstances described above by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may share this aggregated and non-personal information with third parties and our affiliates in relation to our marketing efforts, Site improvement and enrich our products and services. We reserve the right to share aggregated and non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of your personal data, AMSI is potentially liable. In particular, AMSI remains responsible and liable under GDPR if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with its principles, unless AMSI proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Security of all information is of the utmost importance for AMSI. AMSI uses technical and physical safeguards to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized disclosure. We use industry standard encryption protocols to keep all information secure. We also make all attempts to ensure that only employees and third parties have access to the personal information that they need to perform their function as it relates to the service we provide you. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the case of a data breach, we will notify you without delay of any loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you. We will notify relevant regulatory bodies within 72 hours of the discovery of a breach.
We also require that our third-party service providers and channel partners agree to keep all personal information we share with them confidential and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements we have in place with them. These third-party service providers and channel partners are expected to maintain privacy and security protections that are consistent with AMSI privacy and information security policies.
Data Retention and Storage
AMSI retains your information for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. AMSI will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time. At any point in time, you can withdraw consent and we will immediately stop processing your data.
Your Privacy Rights – GDPR
AMSI gives you choices about the ways we collect, use, and share your personal information. You can choose what contact and financial information will be stored in your account and preferences. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected. In many cases, AMSI may not be able to provide any service without some personal information protected under GDPR. Below is a declaration of individual rights under GDPR:
- At any point in time, you can confirm your data is being processed and request a list of locations your data is stored.
- Before collecting and using your personal data, AMSI will obtain your consent. At any point in time, you can revoke consent and AMSI will stop using and processing your personal data
- You have the right to request AMSI erases all of your personal data on a number of grounds, including if the data is no longer necessary for its original purpose or if you withdraw consent. If AMSI receives a request, we will inform all third parties who have the data pertaining to this request.
- If any personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that AMSI corrects the data. When this occurs, AMSI will notify third parties who have access to the data of the change.
- Even if personal data is still stored with AMSI, now or in the future, you can request AMSI stops using or processing your data.
- You have the right to object to your personal data being processed for profiling, direct marketing, scientific research, and statistics.
- At any point in time, you can contact a AMSI representative to, challenge an explanation of data use, or otherwise obtain further information on automatic data processing.
- You have the right to transfer your personal data from AMSI to another controller without being prevented from doing so by AMSI.
If you wish to exercise or inquire on any of the rights listed above please contact:
Data Protection Officer
American Marketing Systems Inc.
2800 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA. 94109
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
AMSI provides you with many opportunities to access and update your personal information. You can ensure that any account, contact, or financial information is up-to-date and can correct, update or delete inaccuracies to the information by logging into any of your online accounts with us or contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within three (3) business days. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so, infringes on the privacy of other individuals or internal procedures, or if we are unable to verify your identity.
Location of Data Processing/Storage
Any personal information collected about EU data subjects via our websites or through our services is processed in The United States by AMSI or by a third party acting on our behalf. When you provide personal information to AMSI, you consent to the processing of your information in The United States. Our websites are hosted in United States.
Changes to This Policy
Our Contact Information
American Marketing Systems Inc.
2800 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA. 94109